Gino Pisano

Home | E-mail me | Prayer List | Links | Terms and Condition

Monday, 30 September 2002 :)

A busy day... though I was very tired..... got my bloods drawn and found almost everything low... hemoglobin’s, platelets, red cells, I have two White cells (who I’ve taken to name ‘Moose and Squirrel’)... heh.... so they delayed the chemo until Monday and started Neupogin shots immediately.... that’ll do it.... another week to feel like a human being.... YAY!

Aunt Pam and Mom came over for dinner and a movie.... I made Angel hair and sauce, Aunt Pam brought two pounds of prawn and Mom treated to the movie.... we saw The Banger Sisters... it was wonderful, and I recommend it as a fun movie. It was great fun to hang out with them.

Sunday 29 September 2002 :)

I went to Newburgh and visited Mom for a little while..... I was out of sorts today though.

Saturday, 28 September 2002 :)

I was supposed to go with Kris and Melanie, and all the parents to take a second look at the reception hall, but I wasn’t up to it..... *sigh*.... I stayed home instead.

Friday, 27 September 2002 :)

I went to get my bloods drawn and they came back yucky.... all the important stuff was low.... oh well, they gave me a Procrit shot to boost the Red cells and decided to put off the chemo until at least Tuesday.... we’ll retest Monday.

Mari and Robbie got a new thirty six inch Television and gave us their twenty nine inch one.... very cool.

After much debate we agreed to return to the days of each kid having his own room.... we had it that way but then there was all the problems and we felt they needed to bond.... they did..... now there at a better place.

Thursday, 26 September 2002 :/

Ian got some sad news today. An old friend of his, Rob Tompkins, died in a BASE jumping accident in Kjerag, Norway. (BASE is an acronym for Building, Antennae, Span, and Earth and represents the fixed objects that one would jump from. Rob was a lover of the extreme sport and worked in L.A. as a set designer for the Christopher Lowell TV Show. The memorial was tonight, but Ian was too upset to go.... too close to home I think.

On a lighter note.... I stopped over to see my Mom and she gave a beautiful service for twenty four of milk glass.... one of the many dish sets I remember from growing up..... stunning.

Wednesday, 25 September 2002 :)

Michele wasn’t feeling up to snuff so we rescheduled for Friday. Ian and I took a flyer to Woodstock..... just for fun.

Tuesday, 24 September 2002 :)

I spent some time with Michele but we didn’t get to work on enough stuff before my energy level fell.... we plan to get together again tomorrow.

Monday, 23 September 2002 :)

Today is the first day of Autumn.... and a beauty too.... soon it will be apple picking time here and the leaves will turn to a variety of beautiful colours.

I was a bit tired today, while getting stronger and stronger I notice that the recovery time between chemo therapies gets longer and longer.... oh well, it will all be over one day soon and a distant memory..... yay!

Sunday, 22 September 2002 :)

Mariann and Robbie returned from their Canadian cruise.... they had a good time and came by to visit. Later I saw the Bill Blass show on TV.... it was wonderful.... just light and airy and sexy chic.

Ian and I went to see, My Big Fat Greek Wedding... it was adorable and very clever. We had the whole theater to ourselves.... it was fun.

Saturday, 21 September 2002 :)

I walked a mile with Ian and I didn’t wear a hat.

My cousin Stephanie called today and she had the sweetest idea.... she wants to gift Ian and I a week away..... is that cool or what!... Ian and I started thinking of Montreal in a month..... what fun!... What a sweet thing to do.

Friday, 20 September 2002 :)

Today was a really nice sorta quite day.... Ian is busy doing some interesting projects and the guys are at school. I’m getting better - today the corners of my mouth are healing, (cracks as a result of an amino acid deficiency it seems) all I know it was really painful to talk too much.... the boys were lovin’ it.

I went to see little Mary today.... It was nice to see her.... we had some fresh blueberries and whipped cream.... ymmm.

Thursday, 19 September 2002 :)

Trever and Shawn left with their friends Allison and Dan, to head off to New York.... they do grow up fast. They met up with Ian at the New York Public Library and thoroughly enjoyed the Bill Blass Spring 2003 show. By all accounts it was a great success. After it was over Ian took care of some business and the boys took off for F.A.O. and then to the Village and China Town.... they came home later having had a blast!

Ian came home too... it was so magical to see him. The world is just a different place when he’s not around. He regaled me with all the details I had missed.... told me how strange it was without me and assured me it would all be different next season. He was glad to be home and I was glad too.

The boys were super about coming home as planned and some more grey hairs were narrowly averted.... what am I talking about? What grey hair - WHAT HAIR?.... If I had the choice I’ll take the grey hair already!

Wednesday, 18 September 2002 8 Years: 5 Months :/

This morning marks eight years and five months of knowing Ian.... and tonight I’ll be sleeping without him. With the Blass show happening in the morning, and he being such a bear for details, he’ll be staying in town..... I’ll be sad and blue.... (and heavily medicated!)

Tomorrow the boys will travel to the city to attend the show and frolic in New York.... they’ll have fun.

Aunt Rust got some really great news....there’s no cancer so far to be found.... this news is an answer to a lotta prayers ... lemme tell ya! Thank you for all the prayers you send.

Tuesday, 17 September 2002 :)

I shaved my head today..... needed to.... it had gotten to the ‘Somebody do something’ stage... ya know?..... Oh well sooner in sooner done.

Monday, 16 September 2002 :)

Mom came over while Ian was in New York.... she helped me do some shopping and then I had to nap.... I’m even better today..... it’s step by step I’m afraid.

We watched some of the New Paltz Football on TV today.... It’s kinda cool that Trever is a member of the team. Shawn stayed by my side the whole day to help me..... God bless him.

Sunday, 15 September 2002 :)

Getting better... slowly.... I try to visualize a team of housekeepers vacuuming and polishing to rid my body of all the side effects.

Saturday, 14 September 2002 :)

Mom and Aunt Pam came over today and it was great to see them even if I was wiped out. They brought pizza and cake and stayed for a while and we visited.... family is such a blessing. Ian’s Mom came over later too bringing homemade meat-loaf and custard..... yummm... I wasn’t much of a host I’m afraid, but everyone was real understanding.

For some strange reason the web won’t let me update my site.

Friday, 13 September 2002 :)

Ian left for New York and I was here on my own. Mom came over for a while, but had to dash off. I’ll be perfectly good and fine... the nurse will be here to disconnect this thing. Mariann and Robbie left for another cruise this time to Canada. Right now I sit more as an observer.... champing at the bit to be part of it all..... soon.

Thursday, 12 September 2002 :)

My Mom came over and made a red lentil soup and Ian’s Mom brought over a German apple upside down cake..... both were great!

Threw up more than usual today... oh well... one day left then the reprieve. Kimo has taken to trying to attack the tubing.... which does not bring me any great comfort .... foolish cat..... found her digging at my chest at two in the morning..... *shiver*

Wednesday, 11 September 2002 :)

The city was going to be a Mad House so Ian stayed in the country..... smart move.

I vegged.... Mom came over and made some supper.... that was really nice.

I couldn’t watch all the stuff on TV.... too depressing, even with the chemobrain I can still remember every nuance of 9-11, besides I don’t really need song and celebration, I’d be content with an Osama-ka-bob.... heh.

Tuesday, 10 September 2002 :)

Ian went into New York to work with Helen O’Hagan and the Blass team to get the show going.

Monday, 9 September 2002 :/

Ian and I went to the Dyson Center and the Cysplatin was infused.... a lot faster this time thanks to the fuss we put up. Glenn stopped by and while at first he confused me with another patient he eventually focused on me..... sheese....

Later we went home and the home care nurse was there to set me up..... and the week begins.

Sunday, 8 September 2002 :)

Tomorrow I get to have Chemo again... I know it’s necessary but I’m so enjoying the normality today... oh well... soon enough.... first we have to kick it’s ass.

Ian was working on the Seating for the Blass show and I was helping where I could.

Saturday, 7 September 2002 :)

At two O’clock in the morning I woke and for some reason noticed that Buddy wasn’t in his usual place.... the boys were awake so I figured he was with them. I went to retrieve him only to find no dog. He was gone. I woke up Ian and all of us were outside calling for him... I hopped in the pathfinder and wend everywhere... the school yard... drove around the track and through the football field.... up around the college campus..... stopping to ask college kid on the street if they had seen Little Buddy .... after about an hour I went back to the house... there were the boys in the driveway... with the dog - turns out he had fallen asleep in the front yard under a bush.... arrrrrr.

We woke later than planed due to our doggie adventure to find a glorious day.... perfect weather. Pat and Frankie had invited us to their home for dinner and we went gladly. Mom, Aunt Alice and Uncle Paddy, Kristen (Mike is in Washington doing a 911 tribute) and Jamie were there along with Frank and Pat. Frankie had the pool set at 86 degrees and Pat made a delicious dinner as always. I got to see the wedding video from Kristen and Mikes wedding (I was too sick to attend).... then she took us on a tour of their new home which is just down the road from Pat’s and almost finished.... It will be adorable when it’s finished.... a charming country home with a sweeping view. All and all we had a great time.

Friday, 6 September 2002 :)

Mom had hurt her back so I went to Newburgh to see her.... Aunt Pam and Aunt Toni-Ann came over later and met me at her house.... it was good to see them but I can’t help but think I forgot something important. Chemo is set for Monday.

Later Ian and I ran to Poughkeepsie to take care of some errands and we ended up eating at Red Lobster. It was nice to be alone with him..... the boys had planned to be at a party later tonight.

Thursday, 5 September 2002 :)

A pain free day... YAY.... I found a great thing - prune juice.... very cool and I really like the taste..... and I learned a little goes a long way... hrnm.

Today was delightfully uneventful and I focused on taking care of stuff that needed my attention. I had three hundred and sixty four eMails to try and get to... I did the best I could.... It’ll take me until tomorrow to finish.

Shawn decided to stay overnight at Mariann and Robbie’s.

Wednesday, 4 September 2002 :)

Trever and Shawn started Eleventh grade today.... they opted out of the traditional huge breakfast send off.... I don’t know why, but I honored their wishes.... like an end of an era, but who can be sad - their going to school.... YAY!

Ian went into New York to get things ready for the Bill Blass Spring 2003 Fashion Show... he’s so good at PR and they really appreciate his talents.

Mom came over and we had a great visit.... she insisted on preparing a feast... stuffed pork chops, steamed artichokes, stuffed sweet red peppers, Gold Yukon potatoes, roasted garlic, with roasted pork gravy.... sheese.... we were stuffed and it was really fun to hang out with her.

Tuesday, 3 September 2002 :)

As fate would have it I had a very hard night and was in much pain until about two O’clock in the morning.... really bad cramps.... just retched. Ian went off to the store and bought Maalox which seemed to do the trick, thank God and I was able to sleep. Needless to say we left closer to nine. I made the mistake of not recognizing the symptoms of constipation and ate breakfast at an IHOP..... what a great car ride that was!

We made it to Newburgh and paid a short visit with Mom. Then home.... home sweet home....... The Cape was a great get away.... but home is always better.

Ian’s Mom had been at our house all the while taking care of Buddy, Kimo and Basil... she had dinner waiting for us too.... it was a great home coming.

Monday, 2 September 2002 :)

Today was a wet one... we headed for the mall and spent a long while there until we had exhausted it!

All week long we had been eating tons of sea food... shrimp, clams, scallops and lobster.... tonight, our last of the season the crew wanted pizza... philistines!

We plan on leaving at six to get home early.

Sunday, 1 September 2002 :(

Little Meagan passed away in her sleep last night.... I’m stunned..... everyone is..... Geewiz.... she really wasn’t accepting it!

Ian and I took a loaf of bread and hung out at the docks feeding the gulls and the ducks.

Back to Top